After the museum's temporary closure due to the healthcare crisis caused by COVID-19, it is reopening its doors to the public with new times and prices and adapting its activities to ensure a safe visit.
These conditions may be subjected to changes which will be announced with enough advance notice. Thank you in advance for your trust.
The menu of services and the safe visit protocols may be viewed
- Temporary exhibitions: Monday to Saturday, from 11 am to 8 pm.
- Permanent exhibition: ABC. The Alphabet of the Bilbao Museum, Monday to Saturday, from 11 am to 2 pm and 4 to 8 pm.
- The time bracket to visit the museum free of charge will be from 6 to 8 pm for the permanent collection ABC. The Alphabet of the Bilbao Museum.
- Sundays, both the temporary exhibitions and the permanent exhibition can be visited from 11 am to 3 pm.
The special fee of €5 to visit the entire museum will remain in place.
These conditions may be subjected to changes which will be announced with enough advance notice.
Cleareance of exhibition rooms begins 15 minutes before closing time.
The shop will keep a point of sale in the Chillida Hall with the same timetable as the museum. The museum's online shop will remain active. We apologise if product deliveries are delayed due to the current situation.
Reopening of the library service starting 15 July.
Special timetable until further notice: Monday to Friday 9 am to 2 pm.
Entrance by appointment only with limited capacity. Before visiting, contact the library by email or by phoning 944 39 61 42.
Monday from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Tuesday to Saturday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- 5 €
- Special price to visit the collection and temporary exhibitions
- 2,5 €
- Friends of the Guggenheim Museum, Artium and Basque Museum, and large families
- Friends of the Museum; ICOM; youths aged 25 and under; docents, journalists and guides with identification; persons with disabilities; unemployed persons
- Visits to the permanent collection ABC. The Alphabet of the Museum will be free from 6 to 8 pm.
- To be eligible for subsidised and free admission, valid supporting documents must be shown.
- Promotion: Botín Centre / Chillida Leku / Bilbao Fine Arts Museum
- 20% discount off a general ticket by showing the receipt proving a previous visit to either of the other two institutions. Applicable once per ticket at each of the museums. Cannot be used in combination with other promotions.
- The audio guide can be downloaded free of charge onto each visitor's mobile phone via a QR code. It includes the permanent collection in its current guise in ABC. Alphabet of the Bilbao Museum, the exhibition Ameztoy and the children's audio guide "Queremos contARTE"
- Group activities
- For the next few weeks, group activities (films, lectures, workshops) will be cancelled until further notice.